Friday, June 26, 2009

Entering Zion

Thursday was a short but good visit to Zion National Park. Although not nearly as big as Yellowstone, Yosemite, or Grand Canyon, this park has a remarkable diversity in the scenery you can find. I was fascinated by the many different textures in the rock formations and tried to capture as much as I could on "film", but many pictures were taken from a moving vehicle and the day was a bit cloudy so the camera didn't always achieve proper focus. I still managed to capture a few good shots. I uploaded quite a good batch to my Flickr page if you'd like to view some more.

Apparently we've been able to maintain our powerful cooling effect over any area we visit. The Zion park rangers told us that it was 104 degrees in the park on Wednesday, but it was only 78 degrees when we arrived on Thursday. Needless to say, that doesn't bother me at all!

The car has even managed to cooperate pretty well for the last few days. Maybe we'll make it home without too much more grief.

Bryce Canyon tomorrow! We're staying right outside the entrance and we've already spotted a bunch of red rock formations. I can't wait for tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment