Friday, June 26, 2009

Good times, bad times...

Our visit to the Grand Canyon did include a reminder that there are still a lot of good people in the world. We initially parked in a fairly remote parking lot so that we could walk to the shuttle that would take us on the shuttle-only road along the South rim. We decided to put on suntan lotion and such and in our desire to get ready and head for the shuttle bus, we managed to walk away from the car with one of the doors standing wide open. We didn't discover this until three hours later when we returned from the shuttle bus. As we walked toward the car our hearts sank because we thought someone broke in to the car. Fortunately for us nothing was disturbed! We couldn't believe it! Even though it was a remote lot, someone had to have noticed a car door standing wide open...

The bad time was pretty minor in the grand scheme of things... I've been taking a LOT of pictures (just ask Bev) and most of them have been taken with my dad's camera. This camera has a button on the back that you can use to easily change the size of the picture you want the camera to record. This may be a nice feature for some, but for me it has turned into an annoyance. Twice on this trip I've found that somehow the camera got switched to a size that I didn't want. It happened again in the middle of our day at the Grand Canyon and I didn't realize it until I downloaded the pictures to the computer. Oh well... I guess I'll live!

No comments:

Post a Comment